About Me

My photo
Beautiful Bitterroot Valley, Montana, United States
Welcome to my BLOG!! I am a crazy high energy Montana gal. Actually a Texas transplant but because I have lived in this beautiful state for over 50 years I consider myself a true Montanan. I live where most people come to vacation. Married with all boys and three dogs. I love the outdoors, but am not a huge fan of winter. I love sunsets, gentle rains, and roller coasters. I am also an avid equestrian, owning 3 horses, and a mule. I love to quilt during winter months ( Did I mention I am not an avid fan of winter?)So glad you are here and hope we'll be friends! Visit often to see what I have been up to...I guarantee I don't sit still for long!

Winter Sky

Winter Sky

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I AM TIRED AND DESERVE TO BE!

So today I figure I need to get myself sort of caught up on household duties. Now remember some of these are not totally my duties but I figure I can do some of them.... . First thing I start out with is sorting the laundry.a perfect job for inside ...and put one load of jeans in the washer. I know boring so far, right? It gets better..read on. I was really planning to bury myself in fabric today and sew. Craig is out of town on one of his "male bonding" trips with an old friend from Billings. It is just too nice outside to be inside so I figure I can get the lawn mowed and then I won't have to mow again until next week. Mower out but, first I have to move a 120 LB bale of hay that is blocking me. Okay done..mower out and I proceed to mow...first the front yard then the driveway area. BTW I do have a riding mower... I proceed to the front yard again to get the street part ( mostly weeds) and notice that part of the fence in the front yard is falling down....rotten posts and since it is just ornamental and really non functional I decide to tear it down. So hammer and wire cutters and this gets done. But look the corner where it was is full of weeds and some concrete blocks...Okay down on my hands and knees and digging out the weeds and the weeded in blocks...okay done, but the blocks need to be hauled back to the shed. So my muscles are now starting to grumble...but that job gets done....As I wander back out to survey my work I notice the old garden area also has concrete blocks lined along the fence....full of weeds. This time it takes the heavy duty bar thing that Craig uses to dig in fence posts. I work for over an hour prying each block from the ground. Cinder blocks have 2 holes and I had a big idea long time ago to plant something in them....well they had something in them weeds, roots and tons of little black biting ants. I got all but 1 of those darned things cleaned out and stacked. So I decide its time to take a little break.. the neighbor drives by and I get a great idea to get rid of all these cinder blocks I have laying around....jump on the 4 wheeler and drive over for a nice chat...yep they will take them and come load them up tomorrow.. Yeah one less thing cluttering up my driveway. Oh yeah I now remember Craig told me to turn off the irrigation line, I am now off to the North 40. I don't do this very often and it takes me a minute or two to figure out just which way the handle goes in and just how far I have to twist and turn it....but not fast enough..As the sprinklers turn it takes more than one revolution for me to figure out the turn off process and I manage to get soaking wet. On a nice warm day it was okay! So I go back now to my blocks. After stacking up the cinder blocks I have to fill in the trench left where they were..so rake in hand I get that done also pulling all the weeds that lined the fence as well...project complete...sort of. Now what...oh yeah I need to do some more mowing..this time back yard but now I want to put the grass bagger on the mower so I can scoop the grass clippings. The dogs tend to bring in lots of dry grass. I haven't used the bagger since forever and after a few tries finally get it on and actually picking up the grass. ( all it takes is patience and a real good hammer) But I need to have someplace to dump it....ah ha the new garden spot...perfect. Out through the pasture gate and the mower won't fit through the garden gate. that means taking apart one panel to get the mower through . Oh look, the grass is growing and will soon take over my new garden spot.. better mow it too. But first I need to pick up all the rocks in the area. So area is now clean but not good enough. I manged to hit more than one rock and figure it is good enough for now... So back to the front yard to finish but I need put the mower away. I have three whiskey barrel planters in the driveway for my tomatoes....They work really great and I always grown plenty. Problem is they are so close together that I can't mow around them very well. I have to remove most of the dirt from 2 of them to be able to roll them away from the center one...All done and now it's getting close to horse time....All the equines have to have a hay snack before we turn them out. We have found that if they are not ravenously hungry they don't eat so fast causing colic.. remember that 120 LB bale I moved earlier.....well 1/2 of it goes out for the critters. Wait 20 minutes and turn everyone out. ..but I am not done....Now timer on and I have exactly one hour to finish my projects...the mower is put away and now I weed eat the entire back yard and most of the front yard. Plus clean up the flower area near the back gate and put way some of the clutter in the driveway...okay everything is looking pretty darned nice right now.... jump on the 4 wheeler and trot all the horses back in. Lock down everything and it is now 6pm and I didn't even stop for lunch. .. I think I deserve a medal for all I accomplished today..I definately deserve to be tired....oops remember that load of laundry I started this morning....it's still in the washer and can wait til tomorrow to find the dryer. And I may just spend the day sewing or doing something utterly lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment