About Me

My photo
Beautiful Bitterroot Valley, Montana, United States
Welcome to my BLOG!! I am a crazy high energy Montana gal. Actually a Texas transplant but because I have lived in this beautiful state for over 50 years I consider myself a true Montanan. I live where most people come to vacation. Married with all boys and three dogs. I love the outdoors, but am not a huge fan of winter. I love sunsets, gentle rains, and roller coasters. I am also an avid equestrian, owning 3 horses, and a mule. I love to quilt during winter months ( Did I mention I am not an avid fan of winter?)So glad you are here and hope we'll be friends! Visit often to see what I have been up to...I guarantee I don't sit still for long!

Winter Sky

Winter Sky

Friday, April 1, 2011

OUR NEW TOY

This is exciting day today...after over a decade of compiling information, attending boat shows, traveling to areas on the coast of both Washington and Alaska... We did it....we bought Salty. Long story, but on a trip to Anacortes Washington in 2009 we spotted this cute little boat in the marina at Cap Sante.....we both drooled over it and found out later it was part of a charter fleet through the Anacortes Yacht Club. Craig tried for two years to lease it for a week at a time.
This week as Craig was surfing the internet (he's getting pretty good) he again went into their website to check on boats available for lease. He was planning a trip out that way in late May. He didn't see Salty listed as one of the charters. Craig called the Yacht club yesterday to make his arrangements for a lease boat and the conversation included what had happened to the C Dory, Salty. Craig joked with the clerk about how he hadn't seen it on their list and how he always had tried to lease it.......that was when the gal told him it was FOR SALE. OMG he immediately came and told me and then the wheels started in motion...... It took us a grand total of about an hour to make our decision. The boat is a 2001 and in immaculate condition and the best news is we have both seen it and have even been on it although the cabin was locked.....We got it for what we consider a fair price.
Now because I already had a prior committment for April 8 thru 11th, we will leave on April 12th for Washington. Salty will retain her name and she will not be coming to Montana until mid to late May. We both didn't sleep last night. But it is a done deal, we go sign papers on April 12th.
I think it was true fate that found us yesterday and brought us exactly what Craig wanted.......perfect year, perfect condition......just a few minor changes needed to make her our dream boat!! Wow this year is turnin g out to be one of our all time greatest!! Please readers keep in mind in the cabin cruiser world of yachting.......this is a Volkswagon but a dandy one!
From Salty's crew...
Captain Craig
and Chief Executive Officer in charge of crew...Julie
Now can I go to bed????

1 comment: