About Me

My photo
Beautiful Bitterroot Valley, Montana, United States
Welcome to my BLOG!! I am a crazy high energy Montana gal. Actually a Texas transplant but because I have lived in this beautiful state for over 50 years I consider myself a true Montanan. I live where most people come to vacation. Married with all boys and three dogs. I love the outdoors, but am not a huge fan of winter. I love sunsets, gentle rains, and roller coasters. I am also an avid equestrian, owning 3 horses, and a mule. I love to quilt during winter months ( Did I mention I am not an avid fan of winter?)So glad you are here and hope we'll be friends! Visit often to see what I have been up to...I guarantee I don't sit still for long!

Winter Sky

Winter Sky

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Rest of the Story...

Last night I left you hanging.....I was getting tired, it was late, and I had some serious TV to watch..
So I was on the scene of buying the car....the salesman had held this VW for over an hour and while I was looking it over, car after car pulled into the dealership all to see the new model of Beetle.. I wanted to drive it so off we went..me in the drivers seat with Scott as co-pilot, Jaclyn and the salesmen sitting comfortably in the back seat...on our return I knew I had to own this fun car...there were three different people waiting to see if I said yes. So papers were signed and I left with the plan of picking up the new wheels the next day. But the salesman left me with a thought...he would not give me the keys until the car had a decent name. All night I stewed over the right thing to call my car. It finally hit me...I refer to my Bernia sewing machine as Bernard, My horse, Barney and now my car are all my "boyfriends". I can run away for the weekend with any of them and also say my boyfriend is safely locked in the garage with out reservation.
The next day I came to drive away in my new toy. It was sitting adorned with balloons and a huge red bow in front of the dealer complete with this note:
To Julie:
I will always be there for you, as long as you luv me.
Thanks for buying me.
Signed,
The Boyfriend


I also got to meet one of the big dogs from the corporate office of VW, Dave Warhall...he told me I have a very special car. It is one of 600 Launch Editions...and is the 1st one sold west of the Mississippi. Most dealerships are keeping thiers to use as Demos....I have the very 1st one in Montana. I get looks everywhere I go. People drive by and give me the thumbs up signs and stares. I get compliments in parking lots and they want to know how I got it. I feel truly special. I did give up so much luxury when I sold my Tribeca...no power seats...no Sirius radio...no leather....no climate contol..no compass ( I am so challenged directionally). No 4 doors... but I have a sports car-like feel to my driving with the Turbo and a sleek looking small car that actually fits straight in the garage. I love it!
So I get home from Ogden driving the new wheels. I had yet another 2 days to unpack, repack and get ready 3rd leg of September. This time I was just a passenger riding in our 86 Ford truck to Washington. Craig was taking Salty back to EQ Marine in Coronet Bay for winter storage and placing it on a new trailer with rollers. It is more secure now for the long hauls we will be making twice a year. Spring will be to pick Salty up, and Fall we will return to store it for winter. That means twice a year we get to play in and around the San Juan Islands just south of Vancouver BC, Canada. It is a beautiful area, cute quaint towns, green landscapes, friendly folks and relaxation bobbing around on clean salt water. We have seen wildlife galore, so different than our usual sights of our area. We spend time chatting with others at the Cap Sante Marina in Anacortes...What a neat place...

So now here we are in the middle of October....we left for Washington in summer clothes and came home to cool crisp Fall air and brilliant colors. I really want to know
What Happened to Summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment