About Me

My photo
Beautiful Bitterroot Valley, Montana, United States
Welcome to my BLOG!! I am a crazy high energy Montana gal. Actually a Texas transplant but because I have lived in this beautiful state for over 50 years I consider myself a true Montanan. I live where most people come to vacation. Married with all boys and three dogs. I love the outdoors, but am not a huge fan of winter. I love sunsets, gentle rains, and roller coasters. I am also an avid equestrian, owning 3 horses, and a mule. I love to quilt during winter months ( Did I mention I am not an avid fan of winter?)So glad you are here and hope we'll be friends! Visit often to see what I have been up to...I guarantee I don't sit still for long!

Winter Sky

Winter Sky

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring!!!!! Hip Hip Hooray!

Signs of Spring......robins spotted, pussy willows, grass is greening, baby calves and lambs.... and the dogs are starting the shed.......Oh yea just what I love. I haven't spotted a convertible yet but I am hoping they are out soon....I am so sick of winter....
...They say March comes in like a lion and leaves like a lamb......well so far they are right on the mark with that comment.....I don't think we have hit the normal average temperature yet. Snow flurries, windy ( great if you like to "go fly a kite"). Come on.... I need some sunshine, warm in my face type that makes you feel like winter is over.
On the anticipation side are the two quilt retreats in the very near future. Early April will find me at Ghost Rails for a scrapbooking/quilting weekend........getting together with gals I have not seen all winter will be a fun time to relax and catch up......that weekend it can snow, rain, blow...I don't care as I will have plenty to keep me occupied.
Update on baby....things are progressing and I am pondering so many patterns to do just the best one for a family heirloom.....
Calving has started here on our place too....our first one arrived between storms and I think there are 7 more to come......Horses were in the other day for feet trimming and their first "hands on" attention since last November. I really think they enjoy all the fussing. That was one nice day too. Just a teaser though because the next day it snowed all day!
Well that's about it.....I can't post project pictures of my latest sewing projects just yet because they are gifts for others and I don't want the secret out.....soon.. soon...
Here is a photo of one of our fuzzies......Bravo soaking up the sunshine and getting his first brushing of the season! Have a good week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Julie, enjoy the weather before it changes ... in the next five minutes :) :) Hugs to you and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am tired of winter too. Can't wait to see what pattern you choose for baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the weather finally does straighten around -- we'll get out and enjoy it by getting on a bike-riding schedule. It's light out later -- and I'm usually back in Stevi by 5:35 - so one of these days . . .

    ReplyDelete