About Me

My photo
Beautiful Bitterroot Valley, Montana, United States
Welcome to my BLOG!! I am a crazy high energy Montana gal. Actually a Texas transplant but because I have lived in this beautiful state for over 50 years I consider myself a true Montanan. I live where most people come to vacation. Married with all boys and three dogs. I love the outdoors, but am not a huge fan of winter. I love sunsets, gentle rains, and roller coasters. I am also an avid equestrian, owning 3 horses, and a mule. I love to quilt during winter months ( Did I mention I am not an avid fan of winter?)So glad you are here and hope we'll be friends! Visit often to see what I have been up to...I guarantee I don't sit still for long!

Winter Sky

Winter Sky

Saturday, April 7, 2012

New Post.....for me... 2

Why is it that I work hard on a post and then hit something and it vanishes. Maybe a senior moment but this time I will make it short and sweet....
I am on my way next week for a Hadley fix. It's been 2 months since I last saw her and hear she's doing all sorts of cute things.. It's the pits being a new grandma and 500 miles away. Winter doesn't help.
Here she is in March.....what a cutie!

I miss her so much.

I just returned from Quilt retreat Number 1....this one was at Double Arrow Resort and put on by Deer Country Quilts...It was a whole lot of women in one place. My friend and quilt partner shared a room with me directly below the quilting area. Needless to say we didn't get a whole lot of sleep. One person decided to wear her Dansko clogs the entire weekend and was apparently a very early riser. How does one gracefully tell someone that she needs to take off her army boots so others can get some sleep. Sewing quarters were small so I didn't get anything huge done. Pictures later, maybe.
Retreat number 2 is later this month at my favorite place...Ghost Rails Inn. Grace does such a terrific job of taking good care of our group. The meals are the best and rooms are devine. I look forward to this one. We go here twice a year...half are quilters and the other half are scrapbookers but we all get along and have a fantastic time!
So I have a lot on my plate the next few weeks. I have to play farm wife for 2 weeks while Craig goes to play. He has some boating issues to deal with in Washington and then has a few days planned in his favorite spot, Yellowstone, with an old hiking buddy. Then on his return we will return to Washington to get Salty and attend the annual C Dory gathering at Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands. They are expecting about 40 boats just like ours all in one spot...it probably won't look like this.
40 boats at one dock will be fun to see. It is a 3 day event and will be my very first "sleep on" trip. May be interesting with 3 dogs too.
So another big happening in our life is Scott's latest promotion. He was promoted to Master Sargent this past week and is now sporting this very important badge of honor.

We are all very proud of what he has accomplished in his career in the United States Air Force. I know he will make Chief one day. Way to go!
So I am also going to get back into gardening this year after taking last year off. Craig has promised to lend me his brawn to get my spot moved and readied for mid May planting. The old spot was just too shady to allow for much stuff to grow so the spot is being relocated. What a huge project...it will be in the horse pasture, close to water and in full sunlight. I plan to surround it with the old corral panels and hope they don't shed too much shade on my goodies. Of course I have to place everything far enough away from the fence so the ponies don't snack. Wish me luck!
Well that's my life right now....busy as always. The snow is slowly leaving and the gound warming. My next step is to get shoes on the horses and get riding. I am back at Weight Watchers and hoping to get pounds off before we really start our summer life. You know me, I don't sit still for very long....
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment