About Me

My photo
Beautiful Bitterroot Valley, Montana, United States
Welcome to my BLOG!! I am a crazy high energy Montana gal. Actually a Texas transplant but because I have lived in this beautiful state for over 50 years I consider myself a true Montanan. I live where most people come to vacation. Married with all boys and three dogs. I love the outdoors, but am not a huge fan of winter. I love sunsets, gentle rains, and roller coasters. I am also an avid equestrian, owning 3 horses, and a mule. I love to quilt during winter months ( Did I mention I am not an avid fan of winter?)So glad you are here and hope we'll be friends! Visit often to see what I have been up to...I guarantee I don't sit still for long!

Winter Sky

Winter Sky

Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Birthday, Family Visit and Seattle Boat Show

I just love it when your birthday lasts for over a week! I had a great one this year with a visit from my kids from Ogden. Their arrival was delayed due to the winter snowstorm but it was well worth the wait. I got to spend some quality time with them AND my granddaughter Hadley. I didn't want to see them leave but know I have to share with other grandparents. Hadley is perfect in every way. She turned 3 months while she was here and is starting to get her personality. From here on out it will just get better. She is adorable and was starting to smile. Plan is to not let three months pass before I visit her again. Skype helps but it's not like seeing her in person and feeling her warmth and seeing her smile. She was happy, slept well, ate and played and was never cranky. Jaclyn is doing great keeping her on her schedule so she is happy and well adjusted. Doing so much better than I did with my first! I loved holding her and also watching her interact with everyone. The visit was perfect and made me very happy...
Grandpa Craig even broke his comment of not holding the baby until she was old enough to hold a fishing pole. He enjoyed having her around and we all had our turns at holding and loving up on the baby!


We had a wonderful prime rib dinner for the night they arrived. I found a foolproof way to cook a roast to medium rare perfection. You fix it and forget it. Anyone interested in how to cook it, let me know...I do share. It was fabulous!

Scott found the Wii while they were here. Since the weather was windy and awful we all opted to just stay in and have family time. One afternoon consisted of competition in table tennis and ski jump. Scott an avid skiier and ski instructor couldn't beat my score in ski jump but controlled the winning streak in table tennis. I think they will own one of these toys in the near future. We were all sore the next day from playing a bit too hard!


I thoroughly enjoyed the visit and think they did too....it was a relaxing time spent with them and the new baby...no pressure to go anywhere or do anything just visit!

The next thing was Craig and I were off the Seattle to the boat show. Some of you may remember my last winter trip to Seattle and I swore after that trip I would never travel to Seattle in winter again. That trip was 15 hours to get home with 5 hours stuck on Snoqualmie Pass in the car in an awful snowstorm..icy roads all the way and me a nervous wreck..I braved this trip and we left with the promise of good roads. The travel gods were listening because the roads were perfect for the drive home after a full day of pouring rain the day before we left! We stayed for 4 days taking in two full days of boat show. Checking out every nook and cranny. I found my next boat but it will only be after we win the lottery, and seeing as I don't play that will be never. This one is only a mere $400,000.00 and that is for the small one! It's a Ranger Tug, quite cute with luxury!


This is the one we ended up buying....it's the center one and all of 9 foot!

We did go to a potluck while were there with other owners of the C Dory...about 40 folks there including one guy from Montana and another couple from Idaho. We met some fine folks and now plan to attend one of the other functions they do on the water with boats. That will be in May when we go to pick up our boat from winter dry dock.
At the boat show we also took in a couple of the free seminars they offer. One was on crabbing. The guy doing it was great. His talk was captivating and made you feel like you could go out and catch crab on your own. Now if we can only remember what he talked about.
I found the easiest way for me to travel in winter in the car is to keep active. My IPAD has become my best friend in the car. I downloaded a couple of good books and lots of games to keep my eyes off the crumby roads. Makes the time fly and me off thinking about how slick the road might be.. A real lifesaver if you can read in the car like I can!
So that was January in our life....busy but fun and productive!
Hope you all are staying warm and keeping busy during this winter. Spring is just around the corner.
And so are quilt retreats.....I have three planned for 2012, the first one is just a few weeks....until next time

Julie...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Julie, now you are blogger, a quilter, a crafter, a donkey lover, a horse lover, a dog lover, man you are busy busy person. This is nice, I tried a blog once but didn't get any hits, maybe now when you can do it off facebook would be different.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you can see I don't get many hits either but it is a place for me to log my thoughts. I can keep track of what I did and when I did it by just keeping this blog... The one for Tess came about because she makes me laugh. I thought I would keep track of our escapades through her eyes...as you can see she is not impressed by much!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. HeY Julie, thought I would stop by and say hello. How is my internet donkey loving buddy. Your granddaughter is adorable. My grandhildren are not 17, 16, 10 and 4 years old, unbelievable. Remember the day when we would try to find a chat group so we could talk that was way before facebook. Take care
    Jan from Michigan

    ReplyDelete