About Me

My photo
Beautiful Bitterroot Valley, Montana, United States
Welcome to my BLOG!! I am a crazy high energy Montana gal. Actually a Texas transplant but because I have lived in this beautiful state for over 50 years I consider myself a true Montanan. I live where most people come to vacation. Married with all boys and three dogs. I love the outdoors, but am not a huge fan of winter. I love sunsets, gentle rains, and roller coasters. I am also an avid equestrian, owning 3 horses, and a mule. I love to quilt during winter months ( Did I mention I am not an avid fan of winter?)So glad you are here and hope we'll be friends! Visit often to see what I have been up to...I guarantee I don't sit still for long!

Winter Sky

Winter Sky

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Oh what a beautiful Day...

Are you humming along to that old tune......Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day. I got a wonderful feeling......everything's going my way......La La La....and that's just how my day went.....Left early this morning to pickup my horsesitter, and friend Laurieand herm horse, Easy. Ride was suppose to start at 10:30 am and after the hour long drive to the lake we found out when we arrived they all wanted to leave at 10....that gave me 5 minutes to saddle up and be ready to hit the dusty trail...so the group decided to split up, the faster horses would head South and the slower ones would travel North....12 horses and riders all total. I was with the slow group and there were had 7 of us....not all slowpokes just not riding "walkers" and movers and shakers. What a gorgeous day and the weather was perfect.....Barney was on his best behavior and a great ambassador for his kind......the draft horse cross. He is part Belgian and part Quarterhorse and today showed off his talents of being the perfect gentleman and perfect trail horse. We rode Lake Como trails and surrounding area....starting off riding along the canal....this water actually ends up irrigating our hay fields...and we are 30 miles from here...no traffic or worrys here just a smooth calm easy ride. And lots of girl talk.......and laughter. PERFECT!
One gal will lead for a while then will slip back and someone else takes over. The ride continues through the trees up mountainsides and then we hit the top and the view of Lake Como above the spillway is terrific...
So by now my stomach's growling. I had picked up Laurie and her horse Easy at 8:30 and it's getting on close to noon.....my early morning coffee and no breakfast is getting to me. Then we stopped for lunch....at a mineral lick...where the elk come to find minerals in the ground....the wild daisys were everywhere and we ran into another group of 4 women stopping for lunch. One gal grabbed all of our cameras for a group photo. Sandwiches and lemonade overlooking a hidden mountain meadow couldn't be better...
The ride ended about 3pm after a quick horseback cruise through the campground.....Cameras were clicking from one car from out-of-state.....guess they just don't see horses from where they are from.The clouds started forming as we all sat in the campground wikth our afternoon snacks...Then came the rain......a total downpour but after we had loaded up and set out for home....
and guess just what I found in the driveway when I got there.......finally.....
Next week's work.....let the haying begin..Have a great week and keep reading!!
Julie


1 comment:

  1. Okay, you mentioned a sing-a-long. Okay! Hey, what's that duct tape for. I can sing! I can mmmfmmmmfmmm.

    ReplyDelete