About Me

My photo
Beautiful Bitterroot Valley, Montana, United States
Welcome to my BLOG!! I am a crazy high energy Montana gal. Actually a Texas transplant but because I have lived in this beautiful state for over 50 years I consider myself a true Montanan. I live where most people come to vacation. Married with all boys and three dogs. I love the outdoors, but am not a huge fan of winter. I love sunsets, gentle rains, and roller coasters. I am also an avid equestrian, owning 3 horses, and a mule. I love to quilt during winter months ( Did I mention I am not an avid fan of winter?)So glad you are here and hope we'll be friends! Visit often to see what I have been up to...I guarantee I don't sit still for long!

Winter Sky

Winter Sky

Saturday, December 10, 2011

To Be Continued....Continued

So I left you all last month getting rid of my beloved Beetle....the rattle had returned, no dealership within 200 miles and huge hassles looming. The wheel clearance alone made me cringe knowing that snow was coming and I would end up being housebound for months. Me having to stay home would be torture. I think you all know me well enough by now to know I "go" alot. So I drove to the nearest Subaru dealer and drove away with the 2012 Outback wagon....it is sweet. Yep I lost a bunch of $$ owning a Beetle for only 5 weeks but you "live and learn" from your mistakes. I am much happier now. Kendall was great to deal with and since I previously owned a Tribeca I am familiar with the guys in the service department. This is Subaru #7 for me/us. We started out with a 1979 coupe, then went to 2, 1984 wagons ( one silver, one maroon) then to a 1992 Legacy sedan, which I loved. In 2003 I purchased my 1st brand spanking new car, a 2003 Forester. It was just an okay car, pretty gutless. I had it for 10 months when I hit a 3 point buck broadside on Hwy 93 at 60MPH taking out the entire front end....$17,000 worth of damage and they repaired it. I got my 2008 Tribeca and loved it....it had ( at the time) every bell and whistle. The VW Beetle was a definate "impulse" buy and a huge mistake. So now I have the Outback #7, new and improved and again with lots of bells and whistles. I refer to it as my AWD cellphone..the bluetooth thingy is amazing. I am sure it won't be long before every car on the road is required to have this feature..
Hadley, the new granddaughter is 6 weeks old as I write this. I must say it's pretty hard living so far away. She started to smile this week and from what I hear has found her hands...and I am missing it all.
Jaclyn has been posting her Christmas photos and I am loving every one of them. Here is the latest..
These are not done by a professional but by my daughter-in-law and I say she's doing very well...can't wait to see the next one....
I have to post this next picture too.....if you remember I went to Ogden back in July to deliver a quilt I made for Jaclyn's best friend, Theresa. Theresa and Jaclyn are doing all of these photo shoots together, coming up with some pretty awesome photos of the two babies...I have to share this one of Hadley's friend, Brynn. It was just too cute and made me smile....
So my pathetic little Christmas tree is up, all 3 1/2 feet of it and today I will spend getting packges ready for the mail....I do intend to be done by the end of next week so I enjoy the following week doing something fun...I signed up for a sewing class starting in January trying to get myself motivated to learn something new with my new sewing machine.
Today is "FREEDOM DAY" on the ranch. We winterized the horses this week, shoes have been pulled and they are ready to get turned out into the North winter grazing pasture. Today they will be belly deep in grass and living a life of leisure for the next 3-4 months. They love this day. But I miss seeing them up close.
So that's it for this post.....I am sure Tess will be posting to hers again soon too....check it out. She will have something to say about the Holidays. Her blog post is listed under My Blog List at the lower left hand side of this blog under It's A Dog's Life...she's been a busy girl!
Merry Christmas
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment